Blue Mounds Municipal Court

The Blue Mounds Municipal Court handles local traffic and ordinance violations.

The Blue Mounds Municipal Court handles local traffic and ordinance violations. Court is held every first Wednesday of the month in the Board Chambers at the Village Hall beginning at 5:30 PM. 

Weddings:  Judge Washburn would love to officiate your wedding ceremony. Email for details. 

Christopher Washburn

Municipal Court Judge

(608) 437-5197 Ext. 5

Municipal Court Clerk

(608) 437-5197 Ext. 5

Paying Fines, Forfeitures & Warrants

In Person

You may pay by cash, check, credit card through AllPaid or money order at the Village Clerk’s Office. You may pay by credit or debit card through AllPaid. See Paying through AllPaid for more details on paying by credit or debit card. Make checks payable to “Village of Blue Mounds.”

Village of Blue Mounds -11011 Brigham Ave.  Blue Mounds, WI 53517

By Mail

You may pay by check or money order by mail. Make checks payable to “Village of Blue Mounds.” Payments should be sent to:

Municipal Court

Village of Blue Mounds

P.O. Box 189

Blue Mounds, WI 53517

Online or by Phone

Payments are now available online by credit or debit card through AllPaid . See AllPaid for more details. AllPaid assesses a convenience fee for credit or debit card payments.  If you are asked for your Jurisdiction number, it is 5893. Phone number for AllPaid is 1-888-604-7888.

Failing to Pay the Forfeiture will result in one or more of the following:

*Suspension of your driver’s license for a maximum of one (1) year or until it is paid.

*Certify your debt with the Wisconsin Tax Refund Intercept Program (TRIP) 

*Certify your debt with the State Debt Collection (SDC) NOTE: If your debt is referred to the SDC you cannot pay it to the municipal court you will need to contact the Department of Revenue at 608-264-0345 or Email:  

*Issue a warrant for your arrest.

Ordinance / Traffic Ticket Information

What should I do when I receive a citation?

Each citation (or ticket) tells you the nature of the violation charged against you. It will also tell you whether a court appearance is required. It will show you the date and time when you can appear in court, if you wish to contest the charge. Some citations require you to appear in court even if you want to plead guilty or no contest; but the majority do not require an appearance in court if you are not disputing the charge.

If you would like to reschedule your initial court appearance date, requests must be done 24-hours prior or you will be considered in default and found guilty for being a no show.   You may email the Court at:  If you would like to reschedule your pretrial conference date, requests must be done in writing 1-week prior or you will be considered in default and found guilty for being a no show.

What will happen if I do not appear on my court date?

If your appearance was required on your citation (or ticket), a default judgment will be entered against you and the judge may order a warrant for your arrest. If your appearance was not required, a default judgment will be entered against you, and if the forfeiture has not been paid, the judge will order the payment of the forfeiture. Depending on the nature of the charges, the judge may order a driver’s license suspension or revocation in addition to any forfeiture. If the forfeiture is not paid, the judge may enter an order suspending your driver’s license, suspending your vehicle registration, referring of the matter to a collection agency, intercepting of your tax refund, or issuing a warrant for your arrest. The sanction(s) ordered by the judge for not paying a forfeiture depends upon the nature of the charges.

What are the different pleas I may enter?

You may plead Guilty, Not Guilty, or No Contest to the charge against you. If you plead Guilty, you admit you committed the violation. If you plead No Contest, you declare you are neither guilty or not guilty, you merely want to get the matter over with and pay the forfeiture. As a result of this plea, you will be found guilty; but this finding cannot be used against you as an admission of guilty if you appear in any other court action related to the charge against you. 

If you plead Guilty or No Contest, the judge will find you guilty of the charge, set the forfeiture, and order any other appropriate sentence, and tell you when must pay the forfeiture or provide proof of compliance with the court order. If you cannot pay the forfeiture immediately, you may ask the judge for more time to pay. 

If you plead Not Guilty, you deny committing the violation charged against you. You will meet with your opponent, the Village Attorney, to discuss the case. If an agreement can be reached between you and the Village, the judge will review the agreement and decide whether to approve it. If you cannot reach an agreement, you will be given a trial date on the case.

How do I enter a plea?

You may enter a plea by either mailing or faxing (608-437-4198) your plea to the Municipal Court at least 24 hours prior to the court date, or by making a personal appearance in court on your scheduled court date. If you decide to mail or fax your plea, please include your name, date of birth, citation number, type of violation, and court date.

What will happen after I plead Not Guilty?

The court will notify you of your new court date if you plead Not Guilty before your initial court date. The next court date you receive is a deadline for  a pretrial with the Village Attorney. If you do not contact the Village Attorney by phone by the deadline, you will be found guilty as charged. 

If you show up on your initial court date and plead Not Guilty, you will not have pretrial with the Village Attorney immediately. At the pretrial, you or your attorney will meet with your opponent, the Village Attorney. The Village Attorney does not represent you or the court. The judge stays neutral and independent. The pretrial is not a trial. The judge will not hear any testimony that day. You or your attorney will discuss your case with the Village Attorney. It is up to you or your attorney to decide what evidence or facts you want to share with the Village Attorney concerning your case, in the hope of reaching a settlement. If you reach an agreement, the Village Attorney will submit it in writing to the judge. The judge does not have to accept the agreement, but often does. If you do not reach an agreement with the Village Attorney, the case will be set for a trial.